Today's Discount Oil Prices:150+ Gal: $2.359100-140 Gal: $2.459
What is Bioheat®?
Bioheat® is a cleaner and safer fuel than ordinary heating oil and provides a cleaner, more complete and energy efficient burn. It is a renewable energy source that reduces global warming gas emissions; it is also non-toxic, biodegradable, and suitable for sensitive environments. It may actually extend equipment life and reduces periodic maintenance intervals. Bioheat® is made domestically from agricultural or recycled resources, reducing America’s dependence on foreign oil and creating jobs here at home.
Bioheat® is available now and requires no equipment modifications or retrofitting. Unlike most fuels, the Biodiesel in Bioheat actually has a positive energy balance – 5.54 to 1, meaning that for every unit of fossil energy needed to produce Biodiesel, the return is 5.54 units of renewable energy. It’s made from renewable resources like soybeans and biodegrades as quickly as sugar, and it promotes better air quality because it produces lower emissions than petroleum diesel.
Bioheat® is making renewable energy a reality. While Bioheat® blends above 5% are still being explored, this is certain: we can replace a small percentage of the petroleum oil used for heating homes in America right now, with no ramifications. That’s a reduction of hundreds of thousands of gallons of foreign oil.
Summary of Advantages:
- Environmentally Friendly
- Promotes better air quality
- Decreases our country’s dependence on foreign oil: Creates jobs and is good for the U.S. economy
- Healthy and Safe: Passed EPA’s tier 1 and 2 Health effects testing with flying colors
- Virtually sulfur free: Contains no nitrogen or offensive aromatics
- Reduces nitrous oxide in boilers and home heating equipment and is Highly Efficient: Biodiesel has higher cetane level, for more efficient ignition
Information courtesy of Bioheat Online.